8.11.2009

Arnold's Oroweat Sandwich Thins


I love bread, I hate bread. OOOoooh I really love breads. I've always eaten whole wheat and whole grain breads. My children have never had a sandwich with white bread and I hope that they never do.

I'm not sure why I hadn't heard of these before but apparently "other" parts of the country have had Arnold's Oroweat sandwich thins for some time. I saw them at our local store and instantly caved to the buy one/get one deal. I tried both the whole wheat and the multi-grain varieties.

Did I like them? You bet! They aren't huge fluffy rolls but they are quite delish and I've made a gazillion things with them! The obvious things are sandwiches and veggie/turkey burgers, but here are a two of my favorite things to do with them:

Mini Pizza:
I just use sliced tomatoes, bit of fresh basil and some LF Mozzarella

Panini:
Use a bit of Pam spray in a sandwich press (or pan) and grille your favorite sandwich


Are you avoiding high fructose corn syrup? I have become vigilant at looking for this. I actually buy a lot of the different Arnold's breads and most (if not all?) do not contain high fructose corn syrup. These contain 19 grams of whole grain per serving, another thing I look for when I buy breads. The best part? They are only 100 calories and if you are a point counter like me, they are only one Weight Watcher point!

Have you tried the Arnold's Oroweat Sandwich Thins? What have you made with them? Share your ideas with us!


5 comments:

  1. MMMM Bread :o)....

    Sounds yummy, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're huge Arnold's fans here. I usually pick it up at Big Lots for a significant price cut.
    I have not seen the sandwich thins. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for these. They have not hit UTAH yet...as with everything we are 20 years behind the rest of the country.

    Can't wait to finally try one...I guess I'll just plan to purchase some when I go to Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the ssndwich thins.... they are the BEST. And I don't care for a lot of bread. But this thin 100cal. W/W beauty is terrific. When my store runs out... I leave and do all my shopping elsewhere. They're that crucial to my lunch and wonderful toasted as well. Thanks Arnold and Oroweat for making a super product. Diana Harden. PHX AZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so good I love them and they are only 1 ww pt :) And I am actually in Utah so yes we do have them

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.