8.22.2009

Make Your Pancakes and Eat Them Too ~ Recipe Make-Over

My kids love pancakes. Who doesn't love pancakes? It occurred to me this morning that my pancake recipe would be perfect for the MomActive Recipe Make-over series. I changed my old recipe by using half regular white flour and half buckwheat flour. I have tried other combinations of different flour but this seems to be the tastiest. I also use two tablespoons of agave nectar (or honey) instead of sugar. We also use the agave nectar in place of syrup. If you aren't familiar with agave nectar I highly recommend you try it. It is sweet and delicious and can be used as a replacement for sugar in many things.

Yummy Pancakes
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3+ cup skim milk (I am generous with the milk because we like thinner pancake)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)

1. Combine flours, baking powder and salt.

2. Beat the milk, egg, butter and agave nectar.

3. Combine dry ingredient mixture with liquid mixture and stir.

4. Warm and grease griddle or pan with non-stick cooking spray and cook those babies!


Do you have a favorite recipe that you have made over? Would you like MomActive to make-over a recipe for you? Please let us know!

2 comments:

  1. What a great makeover! I have a recipe that I use lowfat buttermilk in...but I never thought to sub something for the sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, with fall coming up this is right up my alley:) My boys are longing for healthy baked goods!
    Thanks Fiona!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.